Welcome to North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College. We are delighted that you have chosen to study with us whether you are at our Nuneaton, our Wigston (South Leicestershire), our Hinckley or Harrowbrook campuses. I hope the new term has started well.
If you are a returning student, you will see that our two predecessor Colleges; North Warwickshire and Hinckley College and South Leicestershire College, have now merged to become one College. Thank you again for your comments and suggestions as we completed the merger over the summer.
The staff at the College are extremely committed to supporting each of you as you work towards achieving your qualifications and as you prepare to go into exciting jobs or onto University. We are all here to help you and please do not hesitate to talk to your tutors or your Progress Coaches if you have any questions we know that the start of a new term can feel confusing and occasionally a little overwhelming.
As well as us helping you, we expect each of you to do your very best to:
- Attend all your lessons and tutorials including your English and maths classes
- Treat each other and all your staff with dignity and respect and care at all times.
- Help us to keep you safe by wearing your ID at all times.
- Care for our College buildings and equipment. Please remember that no food or drink other than water is allowed in classrooms or workshops
- Join in with all the extra-curricular activities including sports, skills competitions and the exciting student enrichment programme… these will help you to make friends and develop other useful skills that will help with your future work and employment.
I very much look forward to meeting you, in particular through our Student Parliament meetings where you can talk directly to me and give me your thoughts and suggestions about how the College can do even more to support you.
Marion Plant OBE
Principal and Chief Executive